Z Center Stage
Z Center Stage Theater Company's Production of Disney's MARY POPPINS just announced!
Next week: Wednesday (1/18) pick up audition materials and tech forms (Brant’s room)
Audition monologue found by 2/1. Memorize it.
Audition singing and monologue practice: Wednesdays, 2/8 and 2/15. 3-5 pm.
Tech interviews 2/16
Auditions: 2/21 (singing) and 2/22 (monologues/choreo): 3-6 pm
Callbacks (if needed) 2/23 (3-5 pm)
Casting letters probably 2/24
First rehearsal (full cast and crew) 2/27, 3-5 pm in PAC. (Winter sports people—see Brant to work it out)
PRODUCTION DATES: May 11-13 and May 18-20
Two types of ways to be involved: acting and tech
- Being a part of the ensemble. You are in all big cast numbers and various scenes. You can audition for this by singing the required song and doing a monologue.
- You can audition for a short solo/small group by preparing the other audition songs and doing a monologue. You can also note that you would like to be considered for a role that doesn’t have a solo, but that does more acting (there are a few of those)
- You can audition for a lead/secondary lead role by preparing the audition songs and doing a monologue.
- You will interview for a position on the preproduction teams for construction, props, costumes, or administration.
- You will earn a position on the running crew for the show by strong attendance at rehearsals, reliability, and eligibility. Those include set crew, lights operation, sound operation, stage management and props/costumes/makeup. There are a specific number of positions available.